New Year, New Day, No Spoons

Starting off the new year today with no spoons.

I actually went out of the house last night to low-key bring in the new year at a friend's house. No partying it up, no major activity, just a good bit of laughing and hanging out. However, what I did do was wear something other than pajamas (1), flat iron my hair (1), go out of the house during high anxiety (3), socialize (1) and stand outside a good bit during bad weather (2). That's eight spoons if you're counting and that's just for the evening out. All gone. So obviously I was whooped by the end and woke up this morning sore and with a pretty yucky headache that can be attributed to both sinuses from weather changes and the fact that I didn't remove my eye makeup before going to sleep.
It was so very much worth it, though and while many are waking up with hangovers from consumption of too much alcohol this morning I woke up with a hangover from using too many spoons to have a very nice time.

I do actually have this one spoon that I think my resting to get rid of the headache all day has magically built over the course of the day.



It's just chilling out here on my heating pad on the bed waiting for a really good reason to be used. Maybe touching up my hair color? Giving myself a pedicure? It's a new year and a new day and I intend on making the best of the this year that I can so I suppose using it to treat myself instead of doing the dishes might be a good way to go. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment