Happy National Hugging Day 2017!





It's National Hugging Day! 
Per National Day Calendar the purpose of the day is to help everyone show more emotion in public. Click on the link to learn more.


Here's a few things to consider while observing this holiday:

1. Hug a spoonie gently. Nerve pain, trigger points and soreness are just some of the issues that can create a barrier for affection sharing. Ask if they are needing a big warm squeeze or if a more gentle hug would be appropriate for them today. There's also a possibility they might not want a hug at all and if that's the case, it may feel like a hug to them to know that the sentiment was there and someone cares. 

2. Hug someone for 20 seconds. I don't know just how credible they are but I've seen a ton of articles reporting that hugging for 20 seconds increases Oxytocin. I can say that I've tested this and found myself in an awkward situation when I was asked, "umm... why are you counting?" but that I do find a longer embrace does tend to give a more "warm and fuzzy" feeling.

3. For goodness sake, don't cough on anyone, keep your hands washed and don't participate if you're currently in the contagious stages of an illness. Especially if you're hugging a spoonie. We don't need that. Just give us a rain check.


I'm gonna be sharing this graphic (below) on my personal social media, hopefully since I'm still trying to fight my way out of this agoraphobia and not travelling out much some of my friends will find me where I always am and give me a hug if they are out and about in my area! (lol) Share it, share this post and share a hug. :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment