Why I Blog




I need the outlet.

I need the space to just put out into the world what goes through my mind.

That's the generic answer, though, so I figured it's worth explaining my purpose in this blog just tiny bit more in depth than that. 

I tend to write about topics that have an effect on my life in some type of way. One of the biggest daily struggles I have is with my chronic illnesses. Fortunately, not everyone understands these struggles. I say fortunately because I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I may look fine but you can't see my sweating palms, my palpitating heartbeat, my nausea, my racing thoughts, the shooting pain going down my hip and leg, the tension between my shoulders, the ache in my head, the random twinges of ache in my arms, wrists and hands or any of the other zillions of things I'm feeling at any given moment. Only those who have been inflicted with this or have truly been there next to someone going through it have a clue, so the internet has become a huge source of support for Spoonies like myself. I found comfort reading others' blogs and I hope to provide the same here, whether through sharing something that makes my life a hair easier or just by letting someone else know they aren't alone in their struggles.

I have read enough Pins and posts about "How to Be A Successful Blogger" or some variance on that to know that you should have clear goals for a blog. I just don't function that way. Would it be awesome if a reader clicked on an ad or link and I made five cents passively here and there? Shoot, yeah! I'm the kind of girl that gets excited when I see a quarter on the pavement, so that's the same thing. I don't write to make money though. That's not my big purpose here. Therefore, I may not have a perfect publishing schedule or the most professional layout because it doesn't matter too much to me. Do I want to see a bit of traffic coming though? Yes. Because that's how you network with people and reach the readers you want to see your "stuff". I'm just not too focused on that right now because it takes away from the pure joy of being able to sit down and say what I want to say for only those who want to actually read it. (I overshare on social media sometimes and I'm sure my friends get sick of it so... here... you have to actually choose to click on a link to come read this so it's not annoying you in your newsfeed!)





No comments:

Post a Comment