A Spoonful of My Life 2/15/17




I'm getting sick.

Just a common cold/head cold/sinus junk thing but it's been trying me for about a week and has now seem to set up shop completely. My sweet child had it over the weekend and luckily she's seemed to pretty well kick it in a matter of about five days and is mostly on the mend but I won't be so lucky, I'm sure. These tend to beat me down for weeks and if it hits my chest- oh, boy- it could take more than a month. Throw a quick prayer up for me if ya don't mind that that won't happen! 

My mind has been so spacey/all over the place the last week or two that I haven't been accomplishing the things I had in my planner for this blog or some of the other plans and goals I had in general. I hope as I get into a better groove with my new work schedule and fight this cold off, I'll get back on track with the planned content and getting my to-do list checked off. I have a few more things coming along on the Work From Home 101 series that I need to get ironed out in the next two weeks and also working on a series to follow that. 



Valentine's Day 2017 was far better than my last, ohhh... maybe 4 or 5 Valentine's Days, haha! I didn't even check that "Memories" or "On This Day" thing on Facebook because I didn't even wanna be reminded of how cruddy it's been in the last few years. I was determined to make the best of it I could this year and planned a "Gal-entine's Night", inviting my daughter's two closest friends over to have a "girls' night in".  I was worried as this head cold began to really force in that I would have to cancel but I was able to tough through. I ordered pizzas, we watched Alice Through The Looking Glass and they decorated brownies and sugar cookies. I had actually put a little makeup on, gotten dressed and stepped outside to take a few pics of me and my kiddo together, so that ate up a few spoons. Soo... by the time I was stirring up the cookie dough, I was out. I announced after the movie went off and the girls finished decorating that I was completely spent and needed to rest and that was totally okay. The girls enjoyed their customized sweets and turned on another movie while I rested. Despite the exhaustion, it really was a lot of fun!

I also had a few surprises.

I get a sweet good morning text just about every morning from someone pretty awesome but woke up to one a bit more... sweet, I suppose... on Valentine's Day. I'm trying not to overthink it so I won't get too scared (because if ya read the Chronically Single series, you know I totally have reason to be!) and just kinda enjoying the moments and we shall see what happens. (If you know me you're laughing right now because you know I can't ever seem to do that!)

Not only did my parents drop by unexpected the night before bringing gifts, I also got a really nice flower and candy from a friend and even my kindergarten teacher messaged me with a super sweet surprise! (She's like, teacher of a lifetime, y'all. There needs to be a carbon copy of her in every kid's life! She's always been so special to me!)

So yeah, summary is that Valentine's Day didn't completely kick rocks but this cold needs to. 

My Spoonie status is still house-bound mostly between agoraphobia still being a looming monster and painsomnia still hanging around in fierce mode from my latest and greatest Fibro Flare. I've got hope though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment